Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Long weeks and very tired"



Just got our email from Elder Rob yesterday....quote "Longest week of my life/mission!" He said he is very tired and exhausted...that "their mission is picking up quite a bit and he and his companion are buckling down"...One of the missionaries in their area went home for 6 months and so they have Elder Webb with them and are doing 2 areas....no wonder they are tired!!! That being said, Gary and I were at our mission at the Genealogy Library last night, when I was done, I noticed I had a voicemail. It was from a sister Peggy Atkins...Here is her message.."Sister Schroeder, your son is ministering to us, we just became new Mormon's but he has a problem with his shoes and wants to know if you can put money in his card or if he should send them home to be fixed" I returned her call and she was the most adorable sweet lady EVER! She and her husband are retired, they are in Elder Rob's ward and LOVE to take care of the missionaries! He was on his way to her home when I called her..apparently she does their laundry, and feeds them ice cream and huckleberry pie!!!....hmmmmmm.....lucky elders!!! Anyway, it was so cute...apparently his shoes are totally worn out! The heels are gone and he wanted to know what he should do. I told her that I would put money on his card and he could get new shoes...then she told me she would take him in the morning to buy the shoes...she is ADORABLE! Just as I was writing this blog I happened to look down at my phone that was on silent, I answered it and it was Peggy Atkins! She has Elder Rob at the store and they wanted to know if he could get two pairs of shoes since one was regular price and the other half off...she is more than ADORABLE and I am so grateful to those who take good care of our missionaries! I told her to tell him he has plenty of money and to get both pairs....if they are covering 2 areas they will need the shoes to walk the distance! What a great Mission Elder Rob is in...it brings tears to my eyes to know that he has such good people to take care of his needs....it is amazing to me to see how our Heavenly Father takes care of our guys....he knows that us mom's are worrying all the time about them, and this is just one of many examples of the love, peace and comfort he has shown me while Elder Rob is serving....I will always be so grateful to these wonderful people who are selflessly serving our young men making it easier for them to serve those in the Kennewick Mission. Tears are falling and my heart is full right now....my son is working hard and wearing his shoes out....this is a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment