Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One more day.......

Well, I decided to start a mission blog for Rob while he is out on his mission and for anyone to follow that wants too. I hope I am diligent in updating this blog better than I do my own, but I thought this would be a good way to keep my own diary of his experiences while he is out serving the Lord. I will add pictures as well when I get them.

This has been a challenging time preparing for his departure to the MTC. He had a wonderful Farewell on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Sam Harper, a neighbor who has been in our neighborhood as long as Rob has spoke first, then we had the newly formed Missionary Choir which included pre, present, and past missionaries. We all sang Called to Serve. What an awesome experience to be a part of such a neat choir. Grandma Bahr even came up to sing with us....great experience. The next week consisted of Rob spending time with friends and preparations for his mission. Lots to do for sure. He was packing Sunday night and had a little "melt down"...fears, the unknown, and leaving his family and friends for 2 years really hit him hard. We talked, Gary gave him a blessing and yesterday he felt a lot better. I am still worried and concerned...I am really going to miss him a lot, but I know he is going to be taken care of and doing the most important thing he can do at this time of his life. Today, the day before he leaves, we are just chilling...watching TV...talking about what needs to be packed still, planning for tonight when he is officially set apart as a missionary, and just being together for one more day. This is really a hard thing for a parent to do...I always looked forward to this day when he would be able to fulfill a mission and serve the Lord...it's just a little harder than I expected and I know tomorrow it will be extremely hard to say goodby for 2 years and walk away.....AHHHHH....I just pray the Lord will be with us all, that we might feel of his spirit and be comforted during these days...I am for sure sending Rob a letter immediately so that he will be reminded of my love for him...I am so proud of him and I am sending he out to go forth and serve the good people of Kennewick Washington...I hope they love and care for him just as I have....he will be a good missionary I know. Well, just a start, tomorrow I will let you know my REAL feelings after dropping him off....tears of a proud mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment