Thursday, December 30, 2010

WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!!!!!





Can I tell you how happy I am tonight!!!!! We got a surprise phone call from Elder Rob!!!! He had technical difficulties at the airport so we didn't get much time to talk....he got permission to call us and talk for 15 min!!! It was so good to hear from him, and actually, I am glad it was after he got to his mission...he was able to tell us a little about what he has been doing. He is in Hermiston Oregon...he said it is about 1/2hr from Kennewick. It is a retirement community..pretty spread out so they have a car right now. They are living in a members home. He said they have mostly been visiting with members since he got there...his companion is from Layton Utah. Elder Rob is his first trainee...he sounds so good, did I mention that? Anyway, he really sounds good! Gosh! I can't remember everything we talked about, but he sounded so good...that's all that matters! At the end of the call he thanked Dad and I for sending him on this Mission....ya know, it is totally our pleasure to have him serving the Lord...so hard because we miss him a ton, but we know he is doing what he is supposed to do right now..serving those in the Kennewick mission...our missing him is a small price to pay for 2 years if he is doing the Lord's work....I'm so happy, did I mention that???

2 comments:

  1. :) That's great to hear how he is doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is crazy that he is in Hermiston because that is where my grandparents live! I love it there! It really is a great place to be! I'm actually quite jealous of him now! I will tell my grandparents to look for him :)

    ReplyDelete