Sunday, September 9, 2012

Missionary Fun......and 21st Birthday

"We had a fire side for new converts and people who are less active, they bore their testimonies and shared their stories, they really are active members and every thing, it's cool.  There was this Spanish guy who bore a powerful testimony in Spanish and I felt the spirit,  that was before I knew what he said."  These types of experiences are memorable and great......when we asked Elder Rob about his next Temple trip.....his comment was "we have one on the 24th of this month, it's gonna be amazing... I really need it, I can't wait to go to the tri-cities and enjoy.  "It the Columbia River Temple... it is so pretty inside, it's super small though, only enough for one endowment room and 4 sealing rooms.... it's got a really pretty font."



We have one investigator that is gonna get married and then hopefully soon there after he'll be baptized...  I don't know how soon he will be able to be baptized though his name is Jason, he's been attending church for almost two years now.   The ward is kinda neglecting him a little bit, it makes me sad. We're working on that.  The lady he's getting married to is named Jessica, she and her 5 kids are all members.  They're kinda rambunctious, but there all really fun.

"So this week was special a part member family Jason and Jessica got married! It was a great wedding! They looked so good too! It was a wedding at the church because Jason isn't a member. yet. not even saying that to be cocky or anything he's totally planning on getting baptized we just need to work on coffee and one more personal thing and he's golden. He's the most active non-member I know, like seriously, he's got everything down... knows the book of Mormon mostly and goes to class gets involved its great!

"Then, two young men I've been working with for 4-1/2 months got the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday and I got to ordain the oldest one to a priest... it was legit!   This will be the third transfer with my current companion and I'll have spent at least 6 months in this area by the time I leave...It's pretty crazy, if there is only one reason to be left here,  it was those events happen!"



What did you get to do for your birthday?
"I worked!  I think I worked harder that day then I have in a long time, it was nice, we helped some people set up their wedding and it was awesome.   Their 11 year old daughter is my little buddy.  She sang and they were practicing, I got to see her kinda go from scared and timid to loud and proud!  It was soo cool.  One time she was having a hard time belting it out and I looked down at my planner to see what was next for the day and all the sudden she belted out ..... it made me look up and she looked at me like hey pay attention!  It was soo cool.  Our Bishop went to Dairy Queen and they bought me an ice cream reeses cake! It was soo cool! I was surpised when the bishop showed up at 9:30 that night and said you called to have him get a cake or some thing like that, I was stunned.  It was soo nice and  I was happy!  I loved my gifts! I am using the Jesus the Christ CD's now, I'm learning a lot!  Happy Birthday Elder Rob....sounds like you had an "epic" birthday with lots of great things to do.....21yrs ago you came into our lives and we have loved every minute....you are the man!!! and the missionary!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment