Sunday, September 9, 2012

WE HAVE HIS DEPARTURE DATE!!!!


Did you find out if your departure date was Dec 11th for sure...."YES! It's the day before the next transfer... so that is the day I'll be coming back so mark it on your calendars!"

December 11th!!!  So excited to see our son come down the escalators at the airport!!  Our big plan is to surprise Max....we plan on taking him to the airport to just see how it will be when Elder Rob comes home....then BAM!!!  He will see Rob come DOWN THE ESCALATOR!!!  We also want to make T-shirts to wear and signs....this will be "EPIC" but we will see if we can pull it off or not....hahahaha....we will give it the old Schroeder try!  Now, back to the mission....it's not over yet and there are still 3 good months of teaching/experiences left....here's one....

How has this week been?
"Been ok. We didn't get many lessons or any investigators of our own this week, it's been getting frustrating... there is someone I am supposed to find here, but their not being very

forth coming.  We had another lesson with Allie and Danielle, and Danielle came to church which Allie came the week before, i wish they both would come, but maybe this week.  We're teaching them the the doctrine of Christ tonight so we shall see what happens."

And the work goes on.....

How are you?
"I'm doing ok, I got my wart on my hand removed so hopefully this time it will be gone permanently."


What are you guys doing this Labor Day?
"We are going shopping and doing some bowling later, it should be a remotely fun."
How is everything going for you?
"The two bright spots, Allie and Danielle that's all that's going on.... we have nothing else going on, its kind of dead. :/  it's ok, I don't think I'll be here long.  I dono what I can do, but I guess complaining about it won't do any good."  Sometimes there is discouragement with missionaries....they want to work so hard, that is why they are there....once again satan doesn't want the work to move forward....pray for our young elders that they will find and teach those willing and ready to hear the gospel....they want to work so hard.

This was exciting...I am a member of Moms of Missionaries which is an email site....I made a comment and I got this response back...

Dear LuAnn,
It was Longview. I think your son was my son's first companion and trainer. Daniel had a great time learning from your son and he will be exited that I connected with you. He is in Herminston right now. He struggles in the areas where the prominent language is Spanish, but he keeps knocking doors and asking Hablo English. That is exciting that you get to have your son home for Christmas.


Kathleen C. Day

Dear LuAnn,
Yes, I got the pictures. My other children were amazed at how much your son and mine looked a like. Glad to hear that your son liked Herminston. Last week mine was a little discouraged because all their appointments canceled, so hope he has better days ahead.


Kathleen C. Day
What fun it is to hear from other mother's and people in Elder Rob's mission!!!  It's a great world to be the mom of a Missionary....loved every minute, every up and down, every success and failure....there is nothing more gratifying than to hear from your son and the love he has for those he is serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment